Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Art Homework Tonight Explained

From Mrs. Rowe:

The children will have their folk art paintings displayed next week, but I am trying to put up their story quilts as well if at all possible. Their quilts are finished, but I wanted them to hand-write their stories as well. We talked about this today and some of them have finished their stories. I think the written stories will really help everyone to understand the artwork.

Please ask your students to do this for homework tonight if they have not already completed it. I have parents volunteering who will hopefully be able to type up the stories.

It should be a story...not a description of the quilt square. For example, instead of saying "I made a basketball because I love to play basketball" say something like "One day when I was playing basketball with my cousins......"

Thanks so much for your help with this. I really thought they could get this done today, but many of them spent the entire class sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment