Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Potato Revolution


My fellow potato enthusiast Jeffrey Allen Price has organized "Potato Revolution" an exhibit of artworks inspired by the influential tuber. So if you're up in Brooklyn the next two months (as my wife is now) check it out. We worked together with Mr. Price last year putting together a collection of movie and music clips featuring the potato.

You know we're growing potatoes as part of the school garden, right? All this year I plan to share with the class information and items from my collection on the history, science and art of the potato. I do this as an introduction to the many ways of looking at a food source. Then next spring each student researches a different food plant or animal that was important in Colonial America.

No comments:

Post a Comment