Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Weekly Class Logs


Our weekly class logs are an important note taking tool that turn into a unique souvenir. Students are encouraged to make the most of this feature of our classroom. Each week (and they are numbered) students do the following: draw and decorate a border on a blank paper, label it with the week's number, divide it into five daily sections, record the date, daily holiday/quiz, today in history edit feature, record memorable new vocabulary, experiences, lessons, projects etc., weekly Geo Bee Challenge results. Students are encouraged to illustrate, doodle and generally make these as attractive as possible. We don't devote a lot of time to this. I suggest they update them several times each day and then again in the evening add to them as they reflect on their day's activities.

I learned about this tradition when teaching in Europe many years ago. Over the years I've shaped the exercise to fit my American students. This is my first Shorecrest class to be able to keep it going.

My hope is that our families enjoy viewing the weekly log and help keep this project growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment