Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

How I Vote in New Mexico by Absentee Ballot


I explained to the class that as a legal resident of New Mexico working in Florida I have to vote using an absentee voting system.  Here are the mailer and instructions.  New Mexico is an unofficially bi-lingual state due to our heritage as, first a colony of Spain, then later a part of Mexico.  Notice the instructions are in the yellow and red state flag colors.  The ballot included places to vote for a  president/vice president, US and state senators and representatives, judges, country officials and a lot of tax/bond issues.  Of course, everyone's vote is private, so I filled in the ballot at home and mailed it back in time to be counted.  I've encouraged everyone to discuss the coming election at home and not in class.   

No comments:

Post a Comment