Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Doing My Part



Here I am wearing my Rays shirt in front of a traditional Navajo home. It's called a hogan. I did my part back in New Mexico over the summer to spread awareness of our team.

Today most of us are wearing our Rays gear. Photos will be posted tomorrow. I was playing highlights of what's being called "baseball's best game ever," as the students arrived. We celebrated this historic accomplishment.

I especially singled out the unlikely role Dan Johnson has played in two key Rays victories.

The Rays have a lot to teach us about how to achieve success in life. The Rays way (Joe Maddon's way) is to always stay positive, play smart, do your best (run hard to first), have fun (it's a game, afterall) and support one another. You don't have to have the most money to succeed, just the most heart, hope and hustle.

No comments:

Post a Comment