Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Monster Sticker Roll Inspires Group Story



I've never been one of those teachers who use stickers. Maybe my students and I have been missing out on some colorful fun all these years. But I'm making up for it in an alternative way. I found a massive roll of stickers when I moved my classroom across the hall. In an overlooked corner of a cabinet left behind who knows how many years ago was this monster sticker roll. It was the perfect item to kick off a group story writing project. Students are encouraged to listen te each new episode of a story I'm writing and either add to it or make up their own. We'll see how it goes. Last year we worked on a similar project inspired by a Black Racer snake a captured in a bush near our classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment